With Winter officially behind us…..Thank goodness…we can focus once again on the great outdoors. And what better way to do this, than in your car..!! But before you go…check a few things and make sure your service is up to date. The most important thing a car owner can do…”Is regular maintenance”..!!
So here’s a few tips to keep you running safely and efficiently on the road….
- Change your oil and filter on a regular basis. Most newer cars… in the last five years…probably run on synthetic oil. The change interval may even say every 10,000 miles or one year whichever comes first……I would definitely change this to every 5,000 miles or 6 months. Period. And if you are still running standard SAE 5/W30 or 10/W30…better change it every 3500 miles. And always change the filter at the same time!!! This the number one way to extend the life of your vehicle…..
- Make sure you check the fluid in your automatic transmission at the same time you change your oil.
- Check the coolant level up front when you change your oil….This is pretty simple today as there is almost always a translucent container which you can see thru. It is clearly marked with Hi-Lo marks for warm and cold. You can do this yourself in an instant.
- Check your tires for any excessive or unusual tire wear. If you notice something that looks off….then get to a tire expert soon and see what’s going on. It could be as easy as tire pressure of a front end aleignment…
- An overall check of any other system is a great idea too….never hurts to check everything before you go.
Remember these simple tips and you’ll make your Summer a whole lot more fun to cruise around in…..
If you need help replacing a car, truck or SUV with anything New or Used…Better Call 503-643-4585 or Click Bob @ BestCarDealinTown.com….You find a “Better Way to Buy Any Car!!”